Monday, March 26, 2012

One

Ok, at long last, thanks to the prompting of Mary I decided I don't have any excuses for delaying the birthday pictures any longer. We had a family party at my mom's house on Sunday the 18th. Asher had a great time- He loved the balloons, the wrapping paper, the presents and the cake, which was pumpkin chocolate chip-strange for a one year old, but he loves that stuff:) The next day, his actual birthday, he had fun playing with all of his toys and is still doing so. I see the look on his face sometimes as he's playing happily and I think he is thinking, "Man, it's great to be One!"

Ready to get the party started

It's become a tradition that my Grandma Morris gives each of her great-grandchildren a little chair for their first birthday. So far they have all loved them and Asher was no exception. He got a really nice and adorable Winnie the Pooh and Tigger armchair that he loves to climb, sit and stand on. When he first opened it and he climbed on we all started clapping so he stood on it and did an awesome happy dance, it was great! After the presents it was cake time...


He really enjoyed messing up the cake and actually ate a lot of it (minus what went to Sparky there in the background). Surprisingly Asher didn't get any in his hair, but I'm not complaining. When he had his fill he just took hand fulls and waved them around joyously, sending frosting and cake flying in all directions; Sparky was almost as covered as he was by the end of it-but that's what you get for begging from a one year old. 

The ball popper machine was a huge hit, the first few times he was a bit overwhelmed I think, not knowing how to dance to the music, catch the flying balls and put them all back at the same time, but he's getting the hang of it. I have a funny video of his initial reaction, but blogger is being dumb with videos so maybe next time.


Happy birthday little happy guy-we love you!



4 comments:

  1. SO great! It looks like Asher had a blast for his Birthday! I can't believe he is a year! I love how he is always so smiley! He really is just a happy little boy! I can't wait to see him this week/next week. Thanks for posting! You will be glad you did too. I find myself looking back at my blog to remember all the things Grace was doing at Charlotte's age. I'm glad I have it all recorded somewhere. I love the messy cake. And with Sparky in every picture. Classic. Thanks Esther! See you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to see he played in his cute little chair and THEN demolished the cake. We thought of him on his big day! Can't believe how fast a year goes by! He's as adorable as ever...love that guy! We'll see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Asher. Lincoln has a card all made for him, so next time we see you guys we'll have to deliver it. :) I love that picture of him getting into his car seat, so mischievous and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been waiting for the birthday pictures! He's so cute, glad he had a great day. Hopefully we'll see you guys soon!

    ReplyDelete