Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Little Boy

I can't believe Asher is going to be One in less than a week. Time has just flown by-the days seem to just blend together. I've been looking at pictures and videos of Asher from the past year and it's so wonderful and heartwarming to see how he has grown and developed. He has been such a happy, easy going little guy and I am so grateful for the incredible joy he has brought to our family and continues to do so each day. Sure there are rough days and nights, but they are quickly forgotten in place of past and present happy moments and hopes for the future. I'm sure I'll post more along with first birthday pics next week. But since I'm in the mood to write I'll just bring you up to speed on his life.

Asher is a Little Boy. Little because physically he is about the 5th percentile for height and weight, meaning 95% of boys his age are bigger than he is, but he's all proportionate and dang cute so I don't care one bit and neither does he. Obviously he is a boy, but it's fun to see typically "boy" traits starting to develop. He has had his first taste of dirt, he loves knocking things down, making strange but funny noises, yelling at random just to make noise, finding very tiny and impossible spaces to navigate and squeeze into just for the challenge of it, and escaping from his clothes whenever possible. In addition to being "Little Boy" he is loving food. He's been a fantastic eater from day one (thank heavens). His current favorites are bread, strawberries, cheese, meat, and more bread. He makes good use of his 8 teeth and I think he is planning on adding a few more in the next few days given the increase in biting and waking up in the middle of the night- hooray! Asher absolutely loves crawling, he is very speedy and effective, which is probably why he has no interest in walking any time soon, at least not that I can see. He likes to pull himself up and cruises between furniture and he can stand on his own if he is distracted and doesn't know he is doing it. He's got the balance and muscle for walking, but doesn't really care to, and honestly that is perfectly ok with me. He'll get around to it eventually. In the meantime he's putting holes in the knees of his jeans from crawling around so fast everywhere. He has also started dancing. I love the baby dance:) He will dance as my mom says, to anything, even a ticking clock-I will have to get a video up.
Behind the TV stand, he can play in that 1ft. space for a long time.
 
Kelly was watching Asher one morning and dozed off, when he woke up Asher was trying out the toga look and philosophizing on the logic of rattles.

Walking is overrated, some kids go straight from crawling to driving.

Asher enjoys a nice Spring snowfall.

And then, not very long after, he enjoys a nice Spring sunshine.

 Anyhow, that's about it for this summary, I'm so excited for his Birthday, so I'll probably break my trend of posting once every few months and post next week again:)

2 comments:

  1. LOVED this post! and we love that little boy! He is so sweet and cute! its so fun watching kids grow up. I remember when Zac used to dance to the sound of the dishwasher! maybe someday we'll live close and our boys can get to know each other better. We love you guys and hope Asher has a wonderful first birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well...I see it's been 10 days since your last post. And Asher's b-day has come and gone...I want to see pics of the cake mess! Asher IS such a stinking cute little boy! Loved your pictures! I need to see if I can borrow the financial Peace from my friend again! Hope you are all doing well! Im excited to come up next week!

    ReplyDelete