Yesterday Asher surprised us by taking his first step:) I wasn't really expecting him to since he had been on strike against standing up on his own, but he just crawled in the kitchen and free stood up about 5 times then took a little step for me, it was very exciting! We're still a little while away from full on walking around, but that's ok with me. I don't have a video yet, but I will try and get one soon, the only problem is it will have to be sneaky and impromptu because if I try and persuade him to stand and walk he will probably go on strike again for another month or two.
In other news Kelly is done with school for the summer-Hooray! He'll be working long weeks now at his drafting job, but the fact that he can come home from work and not have to do homework is awesome. I'm very happy for him, and thankful that he is willing and happy to work so hard.
Since Kelly's final review for his big semester project was on Tuesday (April 24th) and he was completely out of it by the time he got home due to staying up all night and working on stuff, our anniversary was postponed until Friday. We went out to Stansbury so my Mom could watch Asher, then we got a quick bite to eat and went to see the Hunger Games, ( which was really good). It was really fun to go out and overall a good celebration.
The marathon is coming up faster than I thought it would (June 9th). Training has proven difficult as I've been feeling really fatigued, but thanks to the fact that I've wrapped so many other people up in it I'm not going to quit. My friend Becky and I may end up walking a good part of it, but we are determined to finish, and you know, even walking 26.2 miles is a challenge that I'd feel good about completing, so we'll see how it goes. Despite feeling a bit under prepared I am still excited, the race day hype and excitement is really fun.
Here are a few pictures of Asher's latest doings-chilling in his chair watching some Baby Einstein; waging war on the blueberries-how dare they sit up there on the table looking down on everyone-Asher was victorious in the end in bringing them down; and wearing his first tie-I couldn't get over how cute he looked, he couldn't get over how annoying it was .
Adelia is sitting on my lap reading this post with me, and she keeps saying, "Cute Asher. Cute Asher" :) She's right, he's adorable. Love the blueberry scene!
ReplyDeleteHe's so handsome in his tie! and I love that you just let him smash berries all over your kitchen floor. You are such a cool mom :) Hope your race went well! I can hardly run 2 miles, let alone 26.2! Way to go Esther! Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteThanks Syd! He's a funny little guy. And just in case you think I'm tougher than i am, I actually only ended up doing the half marathon-and I'm so glad i did, 26.2 would have been much too far:)
Delete