Friday, March 9, 2012

Money, money, money

It's pretty amazing how much of daily living and decision making is influenced by money (or the lack thereof). Learning how to control it is a struggle sometimes and a new challenge when you're young marrieds, graduate student and parents with another on the way..totally kidding on that last bit:) If you've ever talked to Kelly or I about money we've probably mentioned Dave Ramsey. Well, I'm going to mention him again, with high praise and recommendation. I started listening to Dave a few years ago, a little bit before Kelly and I got married and then he jumped on the boat and started listening too. We just really liked his philosophy. When he was our age he made millions in get rich quick real estate and then lost it all-really all of it. After being so horribly broke, he and his wife started over with a new philosophy-common sense and hard work and they are now millionaires again with no worry of losing it. We know the basics of hard work and common sense, but sometimes it's nice to have a guide. So, a few weeks ago, 2/29 to be exact, Dave's Financial Peace University Online course went on sale for $29-in celebration of Leap Day. We've always really wanted to "attend" the classes, but it normally goes for $100, a little more than we could or were willing to spend, but $30, that was doable. We felt like we got our money's worth after the first lesson (there are 16 total with about 3 segments each) and to be honest, I would have found a way and paid the $100 if I had known how good it was. We are on lesson 4 and so far it has been really fun, informative and motivating.  I understand it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but if you want to check it out here's the website:

https://fpuonline.daveramsey.com/index.cfm?event=displayFpuOnlineJoinNow

You can watch a free segment from one of the lessons about getting out of debt. And if, like us, $100 is a little too much, he does put it on sale every couple of months, usually around holidays and such so you can check his website if you're interested. Anyhow, this has been a total plug and advertisement I know, but I promise I'm not getting paid to do it, and just wanted to share a good thing:)

No comments:

Post a Comment