Monday, November 4, 2013

Eli

Yes I'm aware that this post is about 3 months late in the posting, but hey, I've understandably had excuses-but I guess today I ran out of excuses, so here goes.

Eli Kimball Swan graced us with his presence a wee bit early coming on August 1st instead of the 28th-I was totally ok with this. I wasn't quite prepared for a repeat birth story of Asher though with the water breaking and then absolutely nothing for a full day after. Weird. I did however opt for an epidural after about 24 hrs this go around since they had to give me pitocin to get things going. It was really neat to be able to watch him be born. He was 5lbs 5 oz and 19 inches long, just a little guy with dark hair and eyes.


 Asher was very excited about his new brother coming and happened to be in the hospital when he was born so he got to see him just minutes after he came. Asher came in and said, "Happy Birthday Eli!" It was really cute. He has been so good with him and has adjusted really well to the fact that Eli is here to stay.

 He looks so small in these pictures, but then again, he was so small. He has grown exponentially, however, much to my amazement after having Asher, who kind of took his time growing. Eli has more than doubled his weight and his chin in 3 months. I think he's somewhere between 12 and 13 lbs now-he's a little chunker for sure.

 We blessed Eli on September 8th and are so grateful to those who were able to come and support us for that (not all are shown in this picture) It was a beautiful blessing and a really fun brunch afterwards.
Oh to sleep like a baby...



Asher putting a suction cup on Eli's head, he has to get his digs in now because I have a feeling Eli might grow up to be bigger than his big brother...we'll see.
 He is such a cute, fun little guy who absolutely loves attention. If you just give him a little smile and hello he just lights up and starts telling you all sorts of stuff. We are so happy to have him as part of our family!


 




2 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh he's so cute! Looks so much like his brother!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such cute pictures! I'm so happy you came to visit so I could home him myself! Next time I see Eli, who knows, he might be walking!? You sure have some handsome boys...that means you too Kelly :)
    Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete