Saturday, July 23, 2011

It was a beautiful spring morning...

and not knowing quite what the day would hold for him, Asher decided to spend some time with his good friends Nigel, Jeffe, Panda and Squeak. They had, after all, been so diligent in watching over him as he slept the night before that he thought it a good idea to pay them a friendly visit on the floor of the living room on the blue blanket where they often got together.

"Beautiful morning, isn't it?" Asher said cheerfully. "Have you all had your breakfast? I had mine at 5:30 this morning, but I was a bit peckish durning the night and so I had a snack at 12:30am and 3:30am as well and I felt much better after that....Did you all sleep well?" Asher's friends were oddly silent this morning, but thinking that perhaps they had not gotten a snack last night and that they might be out of sorts, he thought it best to change the subject.


"Panda, your fur is looking very nice today, very fluffy. My hair gets fluffy too after I get a bath, but not so nice and fluffy as yours. And I do quite like the color of your spots Jeffe, they suit you. Your stripes make me smile Nigel. And Squeak your tail is looking quite curly." Still, none of his friends replied and Asher started to feel a bit uneasy, as though something were not quite right. Nothing bad of course, Nigel's grin told him that much, but still, he wasn't quite sure what was going on.

"Say, is everything all right, friends?" Asher asked. Still there was no answer. Then he hear a faint shuffle as Squeak made the first move.

Then, before he knew what was happening, in a flurry of black and white and blue, yellow and brown, fur and fuzz, Asher was attacked!



 "WE LOVE YOU!" His friends cried as they piled on him in a giant, fluffy, fury, stripey hug.








"Isn't it wonderful to have such good friends!", Asher thought to himself as they tumbled off of him.
It was going to be a good day.

4 comments:

  1. Please publish this and give me a copy so I can read it to my children.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm serious. I want a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute story! and that kid of yours is pretty dang cute too! :) love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad that Asher's friends love him so. I do too. Love Gma

    ReplyDelete